Join Our Mailinglist
Aero Club Albatross
Sailplane Rating Add On
Already have a pilots license? Yards Creek Soaring's FAA certified instructors help you earn your glider category rating.
Adding a glider rating to your certificate opens up exciting new frontiers in the
world of aviation. Just think about flying all day for the cost of a tow,
usually $40-$60. For a glider pilot every entry into the pattern means a landing,
no go arounds, this will improve your skills fast!
Ready to get started? Just contact us to arrange
your first lesson.
- Start to Solo usually 10-20 flights.
- FAA Minimums: (FAR 61.109 f 2)
- Must have logged at least 40 hours of flight time as a pilot.
- Minimum of 3 hours of flight time in a glider, including:
- A minimum of 10 training flights
- A minimum of 10 solo flights
- A minimum of 3 training flights in preparation for the practical test
- Check Ride - consists of oral and flight portions.